A false economy? The benefits of outsourcing event management One of the biggest questions facing procurement departments and managers today is, ‘How much will we save if we manage our events in-house?’
The answer is that a number of your key personnel will be tied-up over a number of weeks or even months organising venues, entertainment options and managing delegates. The chances are that your team are not experienced in this area, therefore taking significantly more time than an expert.
But time and money are not the only considerations. By outsourcing your event management requirements, you are ‘buying-in’ a raft of skills and expertise. These include:
• Knowledge and experience of best locations & venues for your event
• Experience in managing logistically challenging situations
• Creative ideas for social and partner programmes
• Purchasing power: ability to negotiate best deals on your behalf
• Sourcing advantageous best deals with local suppliers, for example on AV, catering and printed materials
• Language & cultural understanding of event destinations and the cross-cultural issues which may arise from a multi-national delegation
The next time you consider whether to outsource your event, it is worth getting in touch with us to establish the very tangible benefits, not to mention the non-quantifiable benefits!